IATF 16949:2016 aims for the development of a quality management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the automotive supply chain. IATF 16949 applies to the design and development, production and, where relevant, the installation and servicing of automotive-related products.
For organisations working within the automotive sector, certification to IATF 16949 represents a significant opportunity for standardisation and improvement. Whether you are contractually obliged to gain certification to this standard or you are looking to gain new business or enter new markets, certification to this standard offers significant benefits.
Benefits of IATF 16949
- Reduced costs – it will lead to improved product and process quality, so reducing costs.
- Increase confidence – it will give your company more confidence when you bid for global sourcing contracts.
- Reduction in multiple assessments – can help reduce or eliminate multiple assessments for those suppliers currently needing to comply with more than one set of supplier requirements.
- Supplier of choice – it helps you to gain work with many of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers which include certification to IATF 16949:2016 as a contractual requirement.
- Easily integrated – it is easier to integrate with existing management system standards as based on ISO 9001.