What is SA8000 Social Accountability?
Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and investment analysts scrutinize organizations to assess that minimum standards are upheld in the workplace and ensure that workers are getting a fair deal.
NGOs, investment analysts and other stakeholders, including your employees, are increasingly evaluating your organization’s commitment to ensuring a fair and equitable working environment and transparent business practices.
This climate means that your organization will be called upon more and more to demonstrate its social responsibility.
The most widely recognized global standard for managing human rights in the workplace is Social Accountability International’s SA8000. It is the first auditable standard, suitable for organizations of all sizes anywhere in the world, and provides a framework for assuring all of your stakeholders that social accountability is being stewarded by your management.
What are the benefits?
- Achieve best practice in ethical employment, trading and operations
- Engage and motivate your employees with improved morale
- Introduce greater transparency to the way you run your business
- Maintain existing business and attract new customers and investors
- Gain recognition as an socially accountable organization